(6) Tag and retain (in accordance with DA
(4) Provide warranty claim acknovvledg-
PAM 738-750 and this Technical Bulletin) all parts,
ment/closeout letters and/or parts/assemblies disposi-
pieces or parts and/or assemblies removed as a result
tion instructions to the local WARCO.
of warrantable defect/failure and/or correction.
(5) Insure the contractor performs in
Local WARCO will:
accordance with the terms of the contract.
(1) Verify, administer, and process war-
Equipment owning unit will:
ranty claims to the TACOM WARCO fin accordance
with DA PAM 738-750 and this Technical Bulletin).
(1) Identify defects/failures and verify that
the defects/failures are warrantable.
(2) Act as a liaison with the owning unit,
the contractor, supporting repair facility and TACOM.
(2) Submit warranty claims, using DA
Form 2407 and DA Form 2407-1 Maintenance
Request Claims through channels to the supporting
(3) Notify the owning units of all warranty
claim acknowledgments/closeouts, information and/or
instructions received from TACOM or the contractor.
(3) Tag and retain parts, pieces of parts
(4) Act as a liaison between local dealers
and/or assemblies removed at the owning unit level
and the Army.
and as a result of a warrantable defect/failure and/or
correction, in accordance with DA PAM 738-750,
The Army Maintenance Management System (TAM-
MS) and the TB.
modifications shall not be applied unless authorized
Supporting repair facility will:
Army Oil Analysis Program (AOAP). The
manufacturers lubrication and service intervals must
(1) ldentify defects/failures as warrantable
be followed. Only after the warranty has expired will
(if owning unit has not already identified them).
AOAP apply to this equipment, unless oil sample
Verify defects/failures are warrantable.
results indicate the oil and filter of an assembly
should be changed "PRIOR" to the manufacturer's
(2) Review, process and submit valid
service interval. Sampling intervals for AOAP will be
warranty claims to the local WARCO if the DA Form
published in TB 43-0210 (if applicable).
2407 and DA Form 2407-1 are complete and correct-
ly filled out.
6. Warranty Data Plate.
(3) Reject invalid warranty claims or
All vehicles will have a warranty data plate.
request additional information for incomplete and
The contractor is required to mount this data plate
within clear view of the operator.
(4) Coordinate with the owning unit and
When the vehicle is received, the owning
decide which option for repair is desired to correct
unit should locate the warranty data plate and check
the warrantable defect/failure.
the warranty start date with date shown on the
applicable DD Form 250 Material Inspection and
(5) Depending upon which repair option
Receiving Report. If these dates differ, disregard the
was selected (Government or contract repair), pro-
data plate. The date shown on the DD Form 250 is
vide labor/parts required to accomplish the warrant-
the date to be used as a warranty start date.