(3) Tag and retain (IAW DA PAM 738-750 and this
When the contractor corrects the supplies all labor
TB) parts, pieces of parts and/or assemblies removed at
involved shall be borne by the contractor. Additionally,
the owning unit level and as a result of a warrantable de-
the contractor shall arrange and bear all transportation
feet/failure and/or correction.
costs of the supplies to its facility and return to user.
c. Supporting repair facility will:
c. The contractor, within (five) 5 working days of re-
ceiving such notice, shall notify the warranty claimant by
(1) Identify defects/failures as warrantable (if own-
telephone as to the method of correction, dates work is
ing unit has not already identified them). Verify defects/
to be performed and by whom.
failures are warrantable.
(2) Review, process and submit valid warranty
d. The contractor has the right to inspect any defec-
claims to the local WARCO if the DA Form 2407, DA
tive supplies, wherever located, within 30 days of notifi-
Form 2407-1, or DA Form 5504 or DA Form 5504-1 is
cation of warranty claim for the purpose of evaluating
complete and correctly filled out.
the cause of, or existence of the defect(s).
(3) Reject invalid warranty claims or request addi-
5. Government Responsibilities.
tional information for incomplete and incorrect claims.
The Major Subordinate Command for the Semitrailer
(4) Coordinate with the owning unit and decide
Van is the U.S. Army Tank-Automotive Command
which option for repair is desired to correct the warrant-
(TACOM), Warren, Ml 48397-5000. TACOM is respon-
sible for managing and implementing the warranty.
(5) Depending on which repair option was chosen,
provide labor as required to accomplish the warrantable
Warranty claims will be reported to:
(6) Tag and retain (IAW DA PAM 738-750 and this
TB) all parts, pieces of parts and/or assemblies re-
U.S Army Tank-Automotive Command
moved as a result of the warrantable defect/failure and
Warren, Ml 48397-5000
d. Local Warranty Control Office (WARCO) will:
Telephone: DSN 786-7537
Commercial (313) 574-7537
(1) Verify, administer and process warranty claims
to the TACOM WARCO (IAW DA PAM 738-750).
a. TACOM will:
(2) Act as a liaison between owning unit, the manu-
(1) Verify, review, process and if valid and com-
facturer, supporting repair facility and TACOM.
plete, submit claims to the contractor.
(3) Notify the owning units of all warranty claim
(2) Reject claims that are not valid and send them
acknowledgement/closeouts, information and/or in-
back to the local WARCO with a short explanation of
structions received from TACOM or the contractor.
why the claim is rejected.,
(4) Act as a liaison between local dealers and the
(3) Request additional information for incomplete
e. Army Oil Analysis Program (AOAP). The manu-
(4) Provide warranty claim acknowledgement/
facturers lubrication and service intervals must be fol-
closeout letters and/or parts/assemblies disposition in-
lowed. Only after the warranty has expired will AOAP
structions to the local WARCO.
apply to this equipment, unless oil sample results indi-
cate the oil and filter of an assembly should be changed
(5) Insure the contractor performs in accordance
"PRIOR" to the manufacturer's service interval. Sam-
to the terms of the contract.
pling intervals for AOAP will be published in TB 43-0210.
b. Equipment owning unit will:
f. Alterations/Modifications. Alterations/modifica-
(1) Identify defects/failures and verify the defects/
tions will not be applied unless authorized by TACOM.
failures are warrantable.
6. Warranty Data Plate.
(2) Submit warranty claims, using DA Form 2407,
a. All vehicles will have a warranty data plate. The
DA Form 2407-1, or DA Form 5504, or DA Form 5504-1
contractor is required to mount this data plate within
through channels to the supporting repair facility,