ARMY TB 9-6115-645-24
MARINE CORPS SI 09244A/09245A-24
b. The Contractor (Libby) will be allowed sixty (60) days from the receipt of the warranty claim form to process
and validate the ATCOM WARCO warranty claims. The WARCO will be notified in writing at the end of this 60 day
period of the recommended action.
c. The following paragraphs describe the Prime Contractor's understanding of the warranty process and
responsibilities in handling a warranty claim.
(1) Generator set fails. User completes DA Form 2402, Exchange Tag.
Prior to using DA Form 2407, read DA PAM 738-750 for detailed preparation instructions.
(2) Using activity prepares and submits DA Form 2407, Maintenance Request, to ATCOM WARCO.
(3) The Prime Contractor is notified through ATCOM WARCO and the ATCOM Contracting Office that a
failure has occurred. Notification should be sent to: Libby Corporation, 5800 Stilwell, Kansas City, MO 64120-4200,
ATTN: Warranty Claims.
(4) Upon notification, the Prime Contractor will review the warranty claim and recommend one of the following
within 60 days after receiving the warranty claim:
(a) Return item for warranty replacement using Material Return Authorization number which will be
assigned by Libby at the time the return decision is made.
(b) Return item for failure analysis and evaluation of warranty using Material Return Authorization
(c) Item is not covered under warranty.
(5) Upon notification by ATCOM WARCO that the item is to be returned to Libby, the using activity will
package and return the item to Libby Corporation at the address provided in paragraph 4c(3).
(6) Upon receipt of the failed item and completed Form 2407, the Prime Contractor will conduct a failure
analysis to determine cause of failure and evaluate the validity of the warranty claim. Libby will provide the results of the
analysis to ATCOM WARCO within 45 days after receiving the item.
(7) If valid, Libby will return the repaired or replaced item to the user within 60 days after the analysis has
(8) If the claim is not valid, the ATCOM WARCO will be notified and disposition instructions requested.
(9) Warranty Status Reports will be prepared and submitted to ATCOM WARCO on a quarterly basis. The
reports will summarize warranty activities taken during each reporting period. They will also contain historical data on
past warranty claims.