(c) For all other items enter the serial number, if applicable, for floating craft, enter the Department
of the Army hull number. For multiple serial number application, leave blank.
(d) When preparing this form for multiple items or components; i.e., clothing, rifles, starters,
turbochargers and protective masks, leave blank.
(9) Block 3. Enter the noun abbreviation of equipment for which the form was initiated.
(lo) Block 4. Leave blank.
(11) Block 5. Enter the item model number.
(12) Block 6. Enter the National Stock Number (NSN) of equipment listed in block 3. When completing
this form for multiple items having multiple NSN's, leave blank.
(13) Block 7. Enter the name of the supporting activity.
(14) Block 7a. Enter the symbol of the maintenance category performing the maintenance.
O - Organizational Maintenance
F - Direct Support Maintenance
H - General Support Maintenance
D - Depot Maintenance
L - Special Repair Activity
(15) Block 8. Enter the appropriate utilization code from Table A-1. For commercial and military
designed vehicles in administrative use, enter utilization code "V".
(16) Block 9. Enter the word "yes" or a "Y" if the item is Material Condition Status Reportable, otherwise
(17) Block 9a. Enter the Equipment Readiness Code (ERC) if applicable.
(18) Block 9b. Enter the word "yes" or a "Y" if the item is a pacing item.
(19) Block 10. Enter the hour reading (rounded to the nearest hour) from the hour meter mounted
on the equipment listed in block 3. If not applicable, leave blank.
(20) Block 11. Enter the mileage reading (rounded to the nearest mile) of the equipment listed in
block 3. If not applicable, leave blank.
(21) Block 12. Leave blank.
(22) Block 13. Leave blank.
(23) Block 14. Enter an "X" in the space provided to indicate when the failure was detected (See Table
(24) Block 15. Place an "X" in the space provided that most accurately describes the conditions at
time of first indication of trouble. For "other", place an "X" in the space provided and enter the
code number selected from Table A-2. An asterisk (*) denotes code numbers not listed in Block
15, DA Form 2407. When selecting one of these codes, the appropriate code must be entered in
the space designated "OTHER", Block 15.
(25) Block 16. Enter "Warranty Claim Action/Symptoms".
(26) Block 16, column a. Enter date vehicle was accepted by unit.